Create a global platform to identify top use cases, select promising solutions, and accelerate the deployment at scale of AI technology for climate change.
Build an alliance of climate leaders: a global, diverse Climate AI community to catalyze action across academia, business, government and more.
Emerging AI innovations are disrupting legacy infrastructures and industries to drive sustainability, providing opportunities for stakeholders across the public and private sectors to meaningfully engage and drive progress
The Global South will likely be disproportionately impacted by climate change, yet also faces limited access to AI solutions that can support climate change mitigation, adaptation, and resilience
Action is urgently needed to mobilize support for climate solutions—concrete, measurable steps are needed to achieve impact at scale and minimize the worst effects of climate change
- Report #1 will lay out the use cases for AI in climate change and the challenges that prevent AI from achieving impact at scale
- Report #2 will highlight top solutions and present action items for global stakeholders to help AI reach its potential
- Call for solutions will solicit projects from startups, public and private sector, and academia that use AI to tackle a climate challenge
- AI for the Planet aims to highlight and support top solutions identified
- Global summit will convene global leaders in AI and climate change to discuss progress made and next steps